We supply SD Sedum cassette green roofing and walls.
The SD Cassettes ready-to-use green roof system is an all-in-one cassette which means it already includes substrate and plants (sedum), for flat or slightly sloped roofs. This system makes separate supply of substrate and plants at height unnecessary. The shape of the cassette makes a fast, easy and clean installation possible.
- The excess water that cannot be absorbed by the cassette can be easily discharged through the sewer system. To do this, the water storage layer contains four drainage holes on the top and bottom of each cavity.
Water buffering layer:
- Rainwater is buffered in a layer of crushed clay grain. Excess water that cannot be buffered will drain slowly. To create an additional buffer for droughts, the cassette is equipped to store about 1 cm of non-capillary water at the very bottom. Volume of crushed clay grain: approx. 6 litres/cassette.
- A non-woven polyester filter geotextile of 150 g/m. ensures that the fine particles of the substrate cannot be washed away and cannot block the drainage holes.
- The thickness of the substrate layer has been adapted to the needs of the sedum species and to the climate. This layer, on one hand, provides nutrients and water supply for the vegetation, and on the other hand it provides oxygen and anchorage for the roots. Characteristics: light weight, high capacity to store water, nutritious but not excessive. Substrate volume: approx. 5.5 litres/cassette.
Sedum / vegetation layer:
- Cassettes come covered for a minimum of 80 %. To achieve the best possible vegetation layer, 8 – 10 different species are used. The sedum is sprouted and gets the necessary time, nutrients and care to become well rooted.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): approx. 460 mm x 495 mm x 80 mm
- Surface: 4.4 cassettes/m.
- Weight: Empty cassette: approx. 0.7 kg
- Cassette filled up in two layers as described: approx. 8 kg
- Cassette filled up in two layers as described and saturated with water: approx. 12 kg
Green Roofing : A green roof or living roof is a roof of a building that is partially or completely covered with vegetation and a growing medium, planted over a waterproofing membrane.
green roofs have many environmental benefits such as absorbing rain water, capturing pollutants and atmospheric deposits and providing a natural habitat for local wildlife. All of these factors promote sustainability and environmental friendliness, protecting the earth for future generations.
MONDAY08:00 - 17:30
TUESDAY08:00 - 17:30
WEDNESDAY08:00 - 17:30
THURSDAY08:00 - 17:30
FRIDAY08:00 - 17:30
SATURDAY09:00 - 17:00
SUNDAYSubject to change, please enquire with the nursery
The Big Green Plant Centre
Get in Touch
Tel: 01895 834834